One of the goals of iCar Support is to monitor ITS standardisation initiatives and to support relevant efforts. This will be done through:
- Be the contact point on standard matters both for the EU ITS community and for non-EU bodies (e.g. in light of US/EU/Japan cooperation). This will be done in cooperation with task 2.5;
- Monitor key ITS standard activities and provide status information;
- Provide guidance to R&D projects on standards;
- Promote R&D project results among standardisation bodies;
- Advise EC and iMobility Forum on standardisation. This includes identifying gaps, needs for actions and recommendation for new work item.
While iCar Support will concentrate on some main SDOs (i.e. CEN, ISO, IEEE, ETSI and ITU), it will also provide some expertise related to the work of industry that play a role in drafting international specifications or industry standards.
A standardization report has been commissioned by Norwegian Public Roads Administration to get a global overview of ITS Standardisation. This report has kindly been made available to iCar Support, and provides standardization status up to November 2012. You can download the report here.
A standardization questionnaire report has been made available to iCar Support, and provides the results of the Standardisation Stakeholder Survey. You can download the report here and the presentation here.
To have eCall specific standardisation information please go to this page: http://icarsupport.org/ecall/ecall-standardisation/?menu=4
For further questions on the web site and ITS standardisation please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org